Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ahem...

So, I spent most of yesterday wandering around downtown Calgary by myself. It was actually really cool. Seriously made me think of downtown T.O. and what it's like to walk around there. I was there around lunch time and all of these executives from the major high rises were out of the streets having lunch. It was really interesting to experience that. I also figured out which bus route I needed to catch to get me downtown. I luckily have a bus route right by my place that will drop me off right in front of the office building that I need to get to every morning. Tis quite handy. I headed down to the Parks Canada office so I could finally meet David and Phyllis, the two people I was corresponding with over email and telephone about this position with Parks Canada. It was good to finally see them in person. They had all sorts of paperwork for me to fill out which was joyous fun. At least now I don't have to do it when I get to work tomorrow. Which is my first official day! YAY! I met most of the historians that work in the office but didn't get to meet the other archaeologists cause they were all in the field, save the Jess (I think that is her name) who looks after all of the lab work in the office. I am really excited to do this job. There is this cool thing that is downtown called the +15. It is a series of catwalks that connect the second floor of most of the big high-rises and it is all shopping centers and food courts. It is really cool. I asked why it was called the +15 and the answer I got was that the catwalks are 15ft above the ground. I am still using my home phone number which means any calls will be LONG LONG distance so I've got to go out and get a Calgary number today. Should be fun stuff. I still don't think that I am used to the time difference yet cause I get hungry and tired at Ontario times. Aside from getting that new telephone number, I'm not sure what my plan is for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment