Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First Day at Work....

Had my first day of work today and it was awesome. I didn't even mind that I had to be there for 8am, meaning I had to drag my butt outta bed at 6:30. I finally met Bill and Brad, two of the archaeologists that work there and they were hilarious. So funny and I think this is going to be a really fun summer. I was working in the lab today getting to know the artifacts and studying the reference collections for the Bar U Ranch site, Jasper National Park, Banff and Kootenay. Really interesting collections, didn't expect to see so many shell casings from Jasper Park. I will probably be working in the lab for the rest of the week but starting next week I'll be working in the field at the Bar U site.
http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/lhn-nhs/ab/baru/natcul.aspx
There is a link to see some information about the site. It's a cool site. (Nic you should look at it cause it's a Western Ranch :P) Then after that I think I'm going to be in Kootenay for 10 or so day, living in a little cabin in the mountains. Talk about super fun and exciting. I'm trying to decide where to post all of the pictures that I am taking....so when I figure that out I'll let all of you know.
Well, I'm going to head to bed soon as I do have to be up really early from now on.
Cheers All and I miss you All.

P.S. If you are looking for something funny to watch please look up Tommy Tiernan, Blue Collar Comedy Tour, or Jeff Dunham. All are pretty much EPIC beyond all belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment