Sunday, June 6, 2010

random thoughts...

So the downtown of Calgary is quite beautiful. In the one park area in the downtown there is a fountain and all around them in the ground and gardens there are these random pink gophers. They are quite strange, but oddly amusing. When I was walking around it felt quite similar to home, though the downtown has many more sky-rises more like TO. Still, the city had somewhat of an older feeling to it. I was able to see which building I will have to get to every day and which bus will get me there. It doesn't look it will be too difficult to manage my way around downtown....it will take just a little bit of time to get a feel for everything. I did however find a really good pub/restaurant that had amazing food. Talk about YUM! OH, and from certain points in downtown you can see the Rockies in the distance. They look kind of surreal in the distance, makes me think i am in some kind of fantasy film. The whole time difference is making me hungry at very odd times and I get waves of extreme tiredness. BUT, I was able to get a new and fluffy pillow for my stay here and I'm quite excited about that. :)
Till Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment